Thursday, April 25, 2013

My First Attempt… {Digital Scrapbooking}

The last couple weeks have been busy!  I have been working way more than half-time, hubby was traveling and day-to-day life just took over.  I’m not done posting about our trip to Florida (I have several more parks to write about!), I just ended up a little side-tracked.  Still focused on Disney though!

I have a friend who creates digital scrapbooking products and I have been curious about it for years.  She recently collaborated with another digital designer and created an entire series of digital scrapbooking products that they have called Project Mouse.  I couldn’t resist – I decided now was as good a time as ever, so I downloaded their freebies and purchased a few of their designs.  I also purchased a couple Project Life digital templates to get started.

Here’s my 1st ever digital scrapbook page! 

Disney 2013 v2
I'm definitely a rookie with Photoshop, but this was SO much easier than I thought it would be!  The best part?  No mess!  I worked on this while snuggled in on the couch with Anthony at my side.  Perfect!


8 comments:

  1. NO WAY!! You look like a Pro! So envious! (It would take me days (weeks) to do this! So..whats the secret? What tools/product did you purchase and freebies did you use? I have 2 lil boys & I am dying to start scrapping/mashing, something and have all this cool stuff, but really don't know where to start! ( So interested in digital!) Feed me full of all your tips & info! :-}
    Sincerely, D.Melt. "Mindless in Mo." gldlmelton@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are too kind! Thank you!!! I will email you some details :)

      Delete
  2. Love your work! Could you please email your tips/tricks as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will send you an email! :)

      Delete
    2. I just tried and couldn't find your email address. I hope you see this and share with me - I would be happy to tell you some of the basics that I discovered.

      Delete
  3. I'd love some tips on getting started as well. I am so far behind with paper scrapbooking I've decided to try digital so I don't have to get all my "tools" set up and down. It's so time consuming and messy. Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide. I love this layout!
    Jaime
    77jmez77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love some tips as well! Your work is awesome:) amandacaprella@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog post and I am currently trying to make some pages just like this from our Disney trip. Do you still have tips you are emailing?

    ReplyDelete