Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Hunger Games

Hunger Games fever has definitely hit at our house. I’m not sure why I waited so long to give it a try, but last week during our spring break I decided to start reading The Hunger Games. Wow. I was hooked - Instantly! I finished the first book in just over 24 hours, started reading book 2, Catching Fire the next day and finished it within 48 hours. I picked up book 3, Mockingjay, just minutes after finishing book 2 and I’m almost done with it. Will probably finish it tonight. Considering I am back at work this week (and working every night from home), this has been quite the accomplishment!
Since I was enjoying The Hunger Games so much, I decided that my hubby would like it too, and encouraged him to start reading. He just read the first book faster than I have ever since him read a book in his life. The hubby has more recently started reading for pleasure (a few years ago I convinced him to give Harry Potter a try by telling him to just read the first two chapters and agreeing to never encourage him to read something again if he didn’t like it – of course he enjoyed it and read them all!). He finished The Hunger Games this morning, just in time for date night this weekend. We are going to see the movie and I can’t wait!
I have been a big reader ever since I was little, and have always preferred to read books vs watch movies. I loved the Harry Potter books but the movies just left out too much which is always disappointing to me. I read all 4 of the Twilight books in 8 days a few years ago and only watched the first 2 movies because everyone raved about them. I thought they were terrible and didn’t bother to watch the rest.
That said, I am SUPER excited to go see The Hunger Games this weekend. I sure hope I am not disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment