Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for…

Happy-Thanksgiving-2012-HD-Desktop-Wallpaepr-Photos-12553-1

Over the last week I read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I finished it earlier this week, and wow, I have been thinking about it ever since. This week when I heard about some struggling youth, I thought of this book. When I saw homeless people on the street corners asking for money, I thought of this book. As I read an email about an upcoming event for the homeless population in our community, I thought of this book. I keep imagining the life Jeannette experienced all around me.  If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it.

So many people have been sharing what they are thankful for this month and after reading The Glass Castle, I have decided that I am thankful for everything. Earlier this week when I asked Anthony what he was thankful for, his response was everything too! Later that day when I asked him again, he decided that he was thankful for Ninjago…

Today, as we all give thanks, here are just a few of the things I am thankful for…family, our health, our home, children, friends, education, adoption (even though we continue to wait), our kitties, laughter, teachers, summer days, books (they fill me up), cameras (for capturing our moments), technology, the opportunity to give (so we can share with others), camping, having cars with full tanks of gas, the ability and resources to finish our basement, etc., etc., etc.  I could go on and on and on.  Today, I am thankful for everything.

Wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment