Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day is Bittersweet

Today is a day all about Mom’s.  It’s a day for children to make their Mom’s breakfast.  It’s a day for children to help their Mom’s with chores.  It’s the day that Mom’s get to pick what the family is going to do (my family is going to buy flowers and plant them with me!).  Mom’s LOVE to be spoiled, right?!?

2011-10-20 (44)

Not only is it a day (or weekend) for my boys to spoil me, but I also see it as a day where I get to celebrate being a Mom.  You all know there are so many great experiences that come with becoming a parent: cleaning up toys, washing the endless mounds of laundry, watching sports in the rain, getting woke up in the middle of the night for random reasons, etc.  All of the joys of parenthood :)

Mother’s Day also reminds me of so many things.  It reminds me of the challenges we had to even become parents.  It reminds me that we have been waiting over two years to become parents again.  It reminds me that somewhere, Anthony’s birthmom is thinking about him, and wondering about the life he is living.  It reminds me that while we wait for a birthmom to choose our family, we are also waiting for a birthmom to make a decision that will also impact her for the rest of her life.  It reminds me that there are parts of our lives that we cannot control.  Mother’s Day is always bittersweet.

Today we are thinking about all of our Mom’s. My Mom is in Wisconsin, spending the day with my Grandma, hubby’s Mom is in Seattle visiting his sister, and hubby’s step-mom is in Iowa, 4 hours away. We are thinking about our Mom’s and hoping they all have a great day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment