Saturday, May 19, 2012

Will we actually grow a tomato?

On Mother’s Day the boys helped me plant flowers.  When we went to the nursery, I decided to also pick up my very first vegetable plant.  Given that the oak trees keep our backyard pretty shady, I decided to pick up a tomato plant to plant in a pot that I could set out in the sun.  On the way home we took a bet – Will we actually grow a tomato that I will eat?  Handy hubby says there is not a chance, so now it’s my goal to prove him wrong.  If you know me, you know that my thumbs are far from green and that the odds really are in his favor.  Especially after our neighbor offered to help keep an eye on it :)

I am going to do my best to help this little guy grow!

2012-05-19 (55)

The plant has definitely grown this week and is even starting to flower!

2012-05-19 (56)

I’m afraid this pot is too small - It’s the biggest one I have and I am hoping to not have to buy another one.

What do you think?

1 comment: